SEM students competed in the Region UIL Academic Meet this weekend at Baylor University. SEM has seven students that will be advancing to the State Meet on May 4th and 5th in Austin. Students who placed 1st – 3rd individually or who were on the first place team for an event advance to the State Meet. Students who placed in their events are:
Number Sense – 1st place team
Raviraj Rege – 1st place, Yash Chandak – 2nd place, Tomisin Ogunfunmi – 3rd place, Victor Diaz
Calculator Applications – 1st place team
Raviraj Rege – 1st place, Yash Chandak – 2nd place, Victor Diaz – 3rd place, Valentina Pham – 5th place
Mathematics – 1st place team
Raviraj Rege – 2nd place, Yash Chandak – 4th place, Victor Diaz – 5th place, Pranay Varada – 6th place
Spelling and Vocabulary
Priya Irukulapati – 3rd place
The following students will be advancing to State:
If you see these students, please congratulate them on their accomplishments.
"Where your focus goes, your energy flows. Focus on what you want, where you are going, and what you are
We have many UIL teams at SEM.
Want to join UIL? Just show up at a practice.
UIL competitions for this year:
- October 3rd - Princeton Fall Classic (Just Math, Science and Current Events)
- October 31st --Highland Park - (Math and Science)
- November 7th- Mansfield Meet of the Minds
- December 5th -DISD TMSCA Tournament (Math and Science)
- January 9th - Flower Mound High School
- January 23rd - Argyle High School
- February 13th - Mansfield Legacy High School
- March 5th - Flower Mound High School (Math, Science and CS)
- March 19th - TMSCA State Meet (Math and Science)
- April 2nd - District UIL
- April 23rd - Region UIL
- May 23rd - May 25th - State UIL
Check out our very successful and FUN 2013-14 year of UIL.